It is that time of year again to consider being a host for Manitoba’s 2014 Open Farm Day taking place on Sunday, September 21.
Together Manitoba Agriculture Food and Rural Development and the Manitoba Association of Agricultural Societies welcome farms to participate in the fifth consecutive year of Open Farm Day. Last year, 63 farms combined saw a total of over 7000 visitors to participating farms during Open Farm Day.
To be a host farm for Open Farm Day:
1. Open Farm Day is looking for farms that produces agricultural products, services or direct farm marketing experiences
2. Admission to the farm is free for this event. Activity fees may apply at some locations
3. Farms need to follow the guidelines provided
Open Farm Day is
• An opportunity to market your farm to others all around the Province of Manitoba
• An opportunity to open your doors for others to see what your farm is all about
• An opportunity for the public to meet the farmer that works in their backyard
• An opportunity for the public to see where their food comes from
• An opportunity to connect
I hope your farm will consider being a host farm for 2014. For more information or to register, please call 204-821-5322 or Karen.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please feel free to share with your organization(s) to help spread the word.
Also attached is the 2014 Open Farm Day Registration Form. The form is also available at http://www.openfarmday.ca.