The 2011 DFM Conference is March 4 & 5 at the Glesby Centre in Portage La Prairie. This year we’re hosting 3 workshops on the Friday;
- Building your social media presence, a hands on workshop to start developing your facebook page, learn to tweet, and build your marketing with social media. (Note: feel free to bring your own laptop.)
- Marketing for entrepreneurs with little to no budget, with Lisa Tinley. Learn how to use the media to spread the word on the work you are doing. Participants will get hands on experience in dealing with the media – from writing a media release to role-playing in front of a camera. A workshop that promises to deliver information that will be current and relevant to your business.
- MarketSafe workshop, This one-day workshop focuses on the safety and security of a food product being sold. Topics include food-borne illness, risk, packaging, transporting and hygiene. This training is targeted for farmers’ market vendors, managers, and others who make, bake or produce food products for public consumption outside of regulated food service establishments.
On Saturday there’s the full slate of sessions to pick from;
- FMAM AGM
- PFGA AGM
- Culinary Tourism Best Practices Mission
- New Vegetable opportunities
- North America Strawberry Conference Report
- Building a better workforce
- Many others.
The keynote speaker at this years event will be John Stanley an internationally recognized perishable goods marketer. John Stanley is a coach, consultant, author, speaker and trainer. He has been described as the ‘Retail Guru’ and he has also been described as the leading horticultural consultant in the world today. That is because his skills in perishable retailing : food, plants, flowers and pets, anything that cannot be put on a shelf and ignored , in fact, apply equally to all fields of retailing. That specialist skill translates easily across all retail industries including library and tourism.
Registration and the complete conference schedule will be available soon, we’ll see you there.