Through Consultations happening the week of August 11 and online surveys (available until September 15) for both consumers and producers – there is an opportunity to express your thoughts on small scale food production, processing and direct farm sales in Manitoba
Manitoba Association of Agricultural Societies and Manitoba Agriculture Food and Rural Development are continuing to seek out host farms for Open Farm Day, taking Place on Sunday, September 21, 2014
If you operate a farm, are keen to being an ambassador for agriculture and want to share your story, go to http://www.openfarmday.ca
MAFRD and MAAS are indicating Manitoba’s Open Farm Day is extending its registration to be a host farm for the 2014 event happening Sunday, September 21. Look to http://www.openfarmday.ca to register
The following article by Sarah Bewley for Hobby Farms shares insight explaining that with a little forethought, you can create successful marketing plan for your farm that will expand your customer base and increase your profits.
It is that time of year again to consider being a host for Manitoba’s 2014 Open Farm Day taking place on Sunday, September 21.
Together Manitoba Agriculture Food and Rural Development and the Manitoba Association of Agricultural Societies welcome farms to participate in the fifth consecutive year of Open Farm Day. Last year, 63 farms combined saw a total of over 7000 visitors to participating farms during Open Farm Day.
To be a host farm for Open Farm Day:
1. Open Farm Day is looking for farms that produces agricultural products, services or direct farm marketing experiences
2. Admission to the farm is free for this event. Activity fees may apply at some locations
3. Farms need to follow the guidelines provided
Open Farm Day is
• An opportunity to market your farm to others all around the Province of Manitoba
• An opportunity to open your doors for others to see what your farm is all about
• An opportunity for the public to meet the farmer that works in their backyard
• An opportunity for the public to see where their food comes from
• An opportunity to connect
I hope your farm will consider being a host farm for 2014. For more information or to register, please call 204-821-5322 or Karen.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please feel free to share with your organization(s) to help spread the word.
Also attached is the 2014 Open Farm Day Registration Form. The form is also available at http://www.openfarmday.ca.